Gallery 1: Sense

Ryerson Gallery - Sense


The first gallery I visited was the 3rd year New Media exhibit at the Ryerson Gallery back in January. I actually ran into both of you, Kathleen and Steve there.

This was an interesting gallery experience for me -- I happened to come a little after the reception had started, so there were plenty of people there. The space was not very big, however the pieces were fairly simple so it worked out qutie well - I think I enjoyed the gallery space more when it was full as opposed to how it would have felt when it was empty. It had more... life. more energy. I suppose the free boozing also helped that :P

While I enjoyed the subway piece, I would have to say the flowers piece was my favorite -- but ONLY after Steve had explained it to me. Apparently the movement of the flowers was entirely random - not the direction of the movement so much as when they were moving and when they werent. Steve had quite a bit to say about it and it really was quite entriguing to watch. I wish had taken video of it on my camera :(

Subway piece


Unfortunenately I didnt really get to see much of the bicycle because somebody else was always riding it, however it looked interesting.

The final piece was a strange animal that made scary noises and ran around on the hardwood floors.

0


It was interesting, but I feel the interest lay mostly in the mechanical workings of it rather than the concept.

Looking forward to 3rd year...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home